Chi Anderson - 8U Coordinator - Baseball
The 8U Division is for players who are eight years old and under. Games are 5 innings or one hour and twenty minutes long. 8U is a coach pitch division and each team will consist of 12 players, Below are rules specific to the 8U Division.
***NOTE - The 7/8 age group will be governed by the regular NYAA rules except where these special 7/8 rules take precedent.
- Continuous-batting order will be required for all teams in the 7/8 age group.
- There will be no changes in the batting order during the game. If a player leaves the game for any injury/illness, his/her place in the batting order will be skipped with no out. If a player shows up after the line-up has been given to the umpire, he/she will be added to the end of the batting order.
- Metal cleats are not allowed.
- No tee-ball bats or coach pitch bats shall be used.
- Each team shall field no more than 10 players at a time. If 10 players are playing the field, at least 4 players must be positioned in the outfield. If 9 players are playing the field, at least three players must be positioned in the outfield, and you must have a catcher.
- Time will be called when, in the umpireÕs judgment, the lead runner has been stopped.
- There is NO INFIELD FLY RULE in the 8U age group
- Each team may have 2 coaches in the outfield and 1 coach behind home plate while team is on defense.
- Each player will receive 6 overhand pitches (drop dead) or 3 swings (from the pitching rubber). The batter will be called out on the 3rd swing or the 6th pitch.
- There will be a 7 run limit in all innings.
- Six innings shall constitute an official game. If after five (5) innings (4 1/2 innings for the home team) the home team leads by six (6) runs or more, the games will be considered complete and called.